- This event has passed.
Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until September 3, 2023
The Spirit of Boise invites the community to come together, have fun, and celebrate the event’s 32nd year at Ann Morrison Park.
Wednesday, Aug. 30, Caped Credit Union Kid’s Day:
Day one of the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic is Kid’s Day, sponsored by Caped Credit Union.
This day is for kids to learn about the balloons. With hands-on learning, they will understand how the balloons work and even see them get inflated. Kids also have an opportunity to take a free tethered ride up into the sky!
Thursday, Aug. 31:
Thursday is designated Media Day, where you can interact with the pilots and crew and ask questions as they inflate their balloons. Make sure to watch for some incredible photo opportunities and videos.
Friday, Sept. 1:
Friday is Nite Glow. This fun night of activities begins at 5:30 p.m., where you may enjoy food trucks, vendors, and live music. The Nite Glow Spectacular starts at 8:10 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 2:
The setup for Dawn Patrol begins on the fourth day. Balloons will arrive at 6:45 a.m. and are scheduled to take off at 7:20 a.m.
Sunday, Sept. 3:
‘The Last Dance’ on the final day of the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic will have the balloons launching at 6 a.m. with a mandatory flight at 7:20 a.m.
Parking is limited, with no parking available on Friday, Sept. 1. Attendees are encouraged to park in public lots while respecting surrounding businesses and carpool or use rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft to get there.
ADA Compliant Parking spots are available on Royal Street in the Ann Morrison Administration parking lot.
The pilots will always be willing to take photos with you, but you are encouraged to ask kindly. Please do not enter any balloons for a photo without asking for permission first.
- Public balloon rides are unavailable at the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic, but kids may enjoy a free tethered ride on Kid’s Day.
- Do not bring your pets to the event. Due to the burners that power the balloons, it is unsafe for pets’ ears. Be mindful of your pet’s safety before bringing them to the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic.
- If you want to bring your lawn chair from home, that is perfectly fine. A pilot or crew member may ask you to move if you are in the way of a balloon.
- Be aware of where you are walking, and do not step on a balloon.
- At this event, instructions will be given over the public address system. You must listen to the directions carefully and abide by them.
- Refrain from smoking on the balloon field. The propane fumes are explosive. If you do smoke, you are welcome to walk off the site and do so. These precautions will help avoid burned balloons, dropped cigarettes, and ashes.
Drones are prohibited from the premises by regulation of the Federal Aviation Administration.